Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's with the phone?

On a recent night out with my girlfriend, "Veronica," we found ourselves at a classy 26 and over establishment in the Pearl. We were both excited to see that it was an older croud and from what we heard "the new place" to be at. Our excitment quickly turned to dismay as one guy after another would approach the bar we were sitiing at, order a drink, make small talk then turn his attention to his hand held divice while tying to hold a conversation with us. Since when is it acceptable for a grown man, not just one... but several...to not be able to keep his phone in his pants long enough to get an answer to his mundane question? I know that we live in a world of technology but please...keep your phone in your pants.

"Ayo, I'm tired of using technology
Why don't you sit down on top of me?
Ayo, I'm tired of using technology
I need you right in front of me"

1 comment:

  1. Technology is supposed to bring us closer but then it gets in the way of human to human contact. These guys need to learn common curtesy and look in your eyes instead of texting their booty call!

    ReplyDelete